Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 1 and its Not about Me.

So I have thought about this all day.  I printed the bible verse on an index card and put it in my car. I looked at all day and must have read it 50 times. But the question is what would not escape my mind.  " In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?"  And this got me to thinking was the advertising what I normally think of as advertising, TV, Radio, Billboards?  Or was this not deep enough?"  The more I thought about it, the more I began to think of temptation and sin.  Maybe its asking how do we resist duplicating what we see.  How do we remind ourselves that we should ask if this is right in the name of God.  One way I can think of is to surround your self with fellow Christ followers or remove yourself from thing in your life that do not allow you to live the way you want.  I have been reminded today  "Everything got started in him, and finds its purpose in him" Colossians 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment