Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 3 "What Drives Your Life?"

Today was a busy day with not much time to meditate.  I did think a lot about what others might think makes me tick.  I would hope most would same my family.  Family is important to me.  I don't know how many would say God or my church.  I am working on this.  I am still learning what it means to put god first and foremost.  I understand I should live that way, however with 38 years of not living that way it can be difficult to change.  I have started letting go with making plans and being rushed all the time to have organization.  I heard a quote on the radio today that fit me and Candice to a tee. "Maybe her being late is teaching me patients"  Oh how true.  Thinking today about my purpose is opening a lot of question for me.  What am I hear to do?  Candice thinks part of our purpose is to raise Nathan as a Christ follower, that God has big plans for him.  I tend to agree with her.  I know every parent thinks there child is the smartest or the prettiest, and they should.  But with Nathan I have done nothing in life to have been blessed with such a great child.   His caring compassionate heart, quick mind, Iron stubbornness, mild disposition, he is truly a great child and i think can do great things.  If my purpose in life is to get Nathan to where he needs to be so God can work miracles with him I am ok with that. As far as what I would like the driving force in my lift to be?  To be a devoted Christ follower, a dedicated husband, a well rounded dad, and a compassionate human toward all others.

No comments:

Post a Comment