Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 2 "Thinking About My Purpose"

So day to is in the history books and again I have been thinking about this all day.  I hope one day I will have the courage to give all control to God.  I find myself constantly trying to keep control when I just need to let go and let things be.  If you think about what the verse is saying it is so powerful. "I am your creator, you were in my care even before you were born."  I mean God is telling us to just sit in the passenger seat and enjoy the ride.  Let go and give him control.  I have decided to wake up each morning look in the mirror and tell myself "IT IS NOT ABOUT ME, LET GOD DO HIS WORK" Hopefully one day it will take hold.  As for the point to ponder today, this one really hurt.  When you stop and think about the things in your life you are not happy about it makes you sad, the worst part is when you start asking yourself "We'll what have you done to change it?" I have struggles with all the area they brought up.  I struggle with my personality in the fact I have difficultly making  and keeping long term friends.  I don't really have friends that I count on for things.  I was raised in a military family and moved quite a bit.  I never keep up with people I had meet over the years.  I would like to change this about me but don't really know where to start.  As far as background, I have been hurt by people in relationships in the past.  Like we all have.  I made me turn cold and bitter towards people.  I found myself with a loss of compassion toward other people.  However since I have given my life to Christ and was Baptized I find myself filled with emotions for things I used to be dead about.  I have even been second guessing some of my long held beliefs. This has really been in my mind for some time now.  I know in time God will give me the answers I am looking for.  As far as the physical side of things, I have been overweight for most of my life.  I am struggling to maintain a diet and exercise plan.  I have very low will power and give in too easily.  I know I just need to develop the habit and it will get easier.  I want to teach and show my son the importance of having a healthy body, not only for health reasons but the world treats you differently when you overweight.  I am not asking for pity or sympathy with that statement but it is true.  When you are over weight people will just tell you how to lose weight or comment when you are eating something.  You never hear someone that is average size to not eat something or tell them a way to look better.  I know God has a purpose for me and he made me the way he did for a reason.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment