Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 18 "Experiencing Life Together"

Sharing life together is an essential part of our lives.  Chapter 18 is about fellowship through a small group.  I can speak from experience on this subject.  I joined the men's fuel group at Hope to expand my knowledge of the Bible. I had never attended a Bible study before and had no idea what to think.  The study was on the book of Ephesians and was all about being a man.  Being a man in you life, to your family, in you church, and a father to your children.  The group started every week with a 30-45 large group meeting covering several verses of the chapter.  Then we would break into small groups to discuss in more detail.  It was comforting to see men open up about there lives and let loose the weights they had bottled up inside.  At the end of the study a small group of us continued meeting to go through the book Discipleship Essentials.  This is about being a better disciple or learning to be a disciple.  Or at least that is the intent.  This group as helped me form a strong bond with 6 men.  This is now the thing I look forward to the most all week.  I am now held to a level of accountability with out judgement when I fall short.  This has given me the strength to realize where I fall short and think about how I can do better.  The question to consider this week is" What one step can i take today to connect with another believer at a more genuine , heart to heart level."  I think if we just take the time to ask someone how they are doing and actually listen to them, we would open a whole new world we have never seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment