Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 6 " Life is A Temporary Assignment"

Wow what a chapter.  Dealing with life on a whole new plane.  We should look at life on earth as just a vacation.  It is not our home nor our destination, rather just a spot we are visiting.  We should live and act as though heaven is our home.  For as Christ followers we will spend eternal life there.  This is so hard to even understand.  The scope of this is bigger than I think most of us can imagine.  So if we are to only look at life on earth as a spec in the overall, should this change how we live.  Or better yet should we look at our action closer and see what we do with our time here, and image what we will do for eternity.  If we do not love today can we love tomorrow?  If we judge today will we not judge forever, and forever we shall be judged?  How can I change this cycle?  I know I used to live for material things, is I could just get enough to by that new toy, or bigger thingy I would be happy.  The trick was it never made me happy it just made me want something else.  What I need to make me happy is the Love of God, and family.  as I get older I realize how much time I wasted in my life.  I am getting ready to go on my first mission trip to help spread the word of Christ to people who are intimidated by what people will thing of them for going to church, when I used to worry about what people thought of me cause I didn't go to church.  Why did this matter?  Guilt I guess.  I feel like if I had found Christ and got to know him as I am now there would be no end to the glory I would do in his kingdom for him.  Being a Christ follower and surrounding yourself with Christ follower will change your perspective on a lot of things.  If you have not experienced it find someone who has and ask them about, then once you do get it spend the rest of your life looking for those that have not.

No comments:

Post a Comment