Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 17 "A Place to Belong"

A place to belong.  Where do I belong, where do I fit in?  This is something I have asked all my life.  I have never felt like I fit in with any one group.  Maybe it is because we moved so much and the groups changed so much.  I have always dealt with a low self esteem from my struggle with being over weight.  I always felt I cherished my friend more than they cherished me.  I felt like I was easily replaced.  This i am sure leads to my struggle to find and keep close friends for long periods of time.  Since I have joined Hope and gave my life to Christ I have felt like it is easier to build relationships with people.  I enjoy meeting people at our church and growing our friendships.  I have found a huge connection with my men's ID group.  This chapter was about being involved in a church.  And not just attending a church but becoming part of the church.  You always get out of something what you put into it.  It is most important to find a church family and wrap yourself up in it.  Get involved, make it your family.  I have done this with my church and I would not give it back for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment