Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 4 "Made to Last Forever"

This is such an important topic to dwell on.  So often we forget that our time on earth is but just a splash of time in the overall.  We get so caught up in work, and school, home, friends, and family. We often forget to set time aside for Christ.  This should be our daily opportunity to build our relationship with God and ourselves.  If we don't take the time to talk to God now, we will never fully understand what his purpose for us is.  He has shown me in my life what choice I needed to make and has corrected the bad mistakes I have made as well.  I did not always know it at the time but as I lock back I can see his hand at work.  So if I am designed or destined to live forever what are some of the things I can change?  I can learn to love more.  Understand better when I think I have all the answers.  Ask questions when I need help.  Help when people ask.  There are times in my life where I will see someone with a flat tire or juggling 5 things at once, or someone sitting alone at church, and I think to myself, I should go ask them if they need a hand, or if I can change that tire for them, or if they need someone to pray with them or for them.  But I don't.  I feel bad when I don't but I never learn.  this is the hurdle I would like to overcome.  I need to build up the courage to stop and ask, or lend a hand, or in some cases just stop and start helping.  I am going to challenge myself to start doing this once a week when the need arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment