Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 19 "Cultivating Community"

Man these two chapters have been speaking volumes to me these last two days.  One of the areas I struggle with in life is relationships.  I know my past have a lot to do with it, but that's the crutch or the excuse.  I can not let that rule the rest of my life.  These two chapters have basically spelled out for me what my responsibility is to foster relationships.  The main theme is to be honest and upfront with people.  To be there and be committed,  treat older people like you treat your parents and young people like brothers and sisters.  We are all part of Gods family.  This chapter spells it out like this. If you can do the following with your small group you will build lasting relationships.
Be Authentic and share true feelings
Encourage each other
Support each other
Admit our weaknesses
Respect our differences
Do not gossip
and Make the group a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment