Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 20 "Restoring Broken Fellowship"

This is the chapter or the part of our lives where the rubber meets the road.  Can we learn to give grace and forgive those that have hurt us?  Are we strong enough to rebuild what is broken?  In this day in age where new people are just a click away do we value friendship as much as we used to?  I feel like they are more important than ever.  The closer this world seems to get the more distance is put between us.  When we build a relationship with someone we should cherish it and make it a priority.  we will disagree at times and we may even agree but not like what we agree about.  This will cause tension in the relationship. we need to be able to realize those tensions and break them down.  If we learn to love each other we can control the tension.  The question to consider asked Who do I need to restore a broken relationship with today?  I don't know if we have a broken relationship or just no relationship but I would say my father.  I have felt distant from my father for along time.  I don't know why I feel this way.  I can remember times in my childhood the my dad was my biggest hero.  Standing tall in his military uniform, shiny ribbons and medals.  Strips of pride running down his sleeve.  Standing strong and firm in protection of this great nation.  He was a lot for a boy to look up to.  Then some time in high school we feel apart.  We just didn't understand each other.  I didn't have time for him and he didn't seem to have time for me.  As I look back I am sure I was crushing his heart.  It is amazing the feelings you find when you have a child of your own.  When I finally moved out and let my parents home we really lost touch.  Now that my son is here we see each other more than in the past 20 years or so.  I think this book is going to help me rebuild what I have lost with my dad.  If you have someone you have a broken relationship with, maybe you should just call them.  More to come on this subject I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment