Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 12 "Developing Your Friendship with God"

A continuation of chapter 11, chapter 12 talks more about what is needed to build a friendship with God.  There are four areas I have to commit to to build this friendship.   The first is to be honest with God.  This seams to be easy, you would think.  but when you really think about we are often not honest with ourselves, our families, our friends, our co-workers.  So how can we expect to be honest with God?  Can we be honest with God? For my entire life I have been taught to fear God as he will be my final judge.  Do I have what it takes to be honest with God?  The second pillar in this chapter is to Obey God. This seams a little easier.  I need to learn to let go more and just follow the path that is being laid out.  If I use the guides from chapter 11 to pray all day and talk to God about all parts of my day I feel he will show me the path he has intended.  I must value what God values.  I must let go of material things and focus my life on love, compassion, courage.  I must teach myself what I hold in high regard is not what God holds in high regard.  The last is I must desire a friendship with God over all other things. Not to much to say about that.  It's an action not a question.

No comments:

Post a Comment